IMO IMDG Code: 2016 [paper]
International Maritime Dangerous Goods (2 Volumes), incorporating Amendment 38-16.
Weight: 3.11 kg
- Reviews (2)
International Maritime Dangerous Goods (2 volumes), incorporating Amendment 38-16.
This book is intended to protect crew members and to prevent marine pollution in the safe transportation of hazardous materials by vessel. It is recommended to governments for adoption or for use as the basis for national regulations.
The IMDG Code gives detailed recommendations for individual substances, materials and articles, and a number of recommendations for good operational practice, including advice on terminology, packing, labelling, stowage, segregation and handling, and emergency response action.
Amendment 38-16 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at its ninety-sixth session in May 2016.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Code) contains sections on:
- general provisions, definitions, training
- packing and tank provisions
- consignment procedures
- construction and testing of packagings, IBCs, large packagings, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
- transport operations.
Volume 2 contains part 3:
- Dangerous Goods List, special provisions and exceptions
- appendix A (generic and N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names)
- appendix B (Glossary of terms) and an index.
The 2016 edition will be voluntary starting 1 January 2017 and become mandatory on 1 January 2018.
IMDG2016, IMDG14, IMDG 38-16, IMO IMDG, 2016 IMDG, 9789280116366, 978-9-28011-636-6