IATA Baggage Reference Manual: 2017 [combo]
Book and download version
Be part of the baggage solution!
- Reviews (0)
IATA Baggage Reference Manual (BRM) – Book & (web) download
The BRM is designed to provide insight into the key features of baggage operations. It presents potential issues that might occur along a generic baggage chain and over 100 solutions to overcome them based global best practices developed during the IATA Baggage Improvement Program.
Baggage knowledge leads to benefits:
- How to set corporate baggage policy
- Reference source for baggage tracing and claims offices
- Guidance on reducing mishandled baggage
- Understanding baggage tag design and baggage messages
- Chapter 2 from AHM focusing on baggage handling and baggage messages
NEW additions to the 3rd edition include:
• Baggage tracking: how it fits in the baggage journey the latest updates on IATA Resolution 753 and more detailed explanation on core tracking points.
• Reflight and Reroute: Alignment of procedures across the industry and updates on recent changes.
• Interim expenses: “Arrival” step in the baggage journey has been updated to reflect changes in this area.
Effective Date: June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019
Baggage Reference Manual (BRM), IATA BRM, 9386-03, mishandled baggage, SITA 2015 Baggage Report