Guidelines for the Alleviation of Excessive..: 2018 [paper]
ships in 3-5 days
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
Guidelines for the Alleviation of Excessive Surge Pressures on ESD for Liquefied Gas Transfer Systems
This publication on the alleviation of excessive surge pressure provides practical advice on surge hazards and risk management. It also outlines the principal design and operational recommendations for cargo transfer systems. It will benefit managers, designers, engineers and operators of liquefied gas carriers and terminal loading and unloading systems.
These guidelines will assist the operating management of terminals and liquefied gas carriers in reviewing the design, engineering and operating procedures of cargo transfer systems. The information provided will enable users to:
- Recognise the potential hazards of surge pressure
- Understand the factors that affect or create surge pressures
- Avoid the generation of excessive surge pressures and momentum change
- Review the engineering and operating procedures of the cargo transfer system
- Understand aspects of surge pressure control on the other side of the ship/shore interface to enable mutual understanding of safe transfer procedure
- Understand the potential benefits of a linked ship/shore ESD system in mitigating surge pressures
Stay up-to date with our special offers, sign in for our newsletter.