IATA Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines (ISSG): 2021-2022 [download]
IATA ISSG 2021 |Download (for Windows only, requires IATA Reader installation)
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
IATA Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines (ISSG), 16th edition
Complete, plain language guide to transporting any sort of infectious substance quickly and safely. In the case of laboratory tests, delays due to shipping problems could mean a delay to initiating the necessary public health response or identifying the treatment required for a patient.
The ISSG contains documentation and packaging examples, checklists for every step of the process and shipping regulations for air, sea, road, rail, courier and the postal service.
What’s inside the ISSG?
- Applicability (legislation, postal authorities, shipper, package supplier and carrier responsibilities, state and vendor variations)
- Classification (UN numbers, classification criteria and scenarios)
- Identification (list of dangerous goods, special provisions)
- Packing (triple packaging, quantity limits, freezing or cooling, certified packing, overpacks, packing instructions)
- Packaging performance tests (performance tests, finding the right packaging)
- Marking and labelling (package use marking)
- Documentation (waybill, how to complete the declaration form, sample documentation by material)
- Handling (acceptance, checklists, refusals)
- Emergency response (contact information, responsibilities, spills, leaks, first aid)
- Training (national requirements, training schools)
- Dangerous goods security (general provisions, training, high consequence provisions, security plans)
Published: September 2020
Effective Date: Jan 1, 2021 , until Dec 31, 2022
Stay up-to date with our special offers, sign in for our newsletter.
(The prices are not available yet, expected late July, 2020)
IATA ISSG, 2021/2022 Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines, 9052-16, 9789292642235, 978-92-9264-223-5