The Rock Manual : 2007 [paper]
2nd Edition – CIRIA C683
Ships in 5-8 days
Media format: Book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
The Rock Manual. The use of rock in hydraulic engineering, 2nd Edition (C683)
In 1991 CIRIA produced the Manual on the use of rock in coastal and shoreline engineering, commonly referred to as “The Rock Manual” (CIRIA, 1991). CUR/RWS updated the book in 1995 to include the use of rock in dams, fluvial engineering and construction (CUR, 1995). Two French reference books were produced in the late 1980s: Le dimensionnement des digues à talus (EDF R&D, 1987) and Les Enrochements (LCPC/CETMEF, 1989).
Since publication of these earlier reference texts significant research has been done to improve understanding of rock behaviour and to determine improved practices for hydraulic engineering. Consequently, this manual has been developed to bring the earlier publications up to date and has been given a broader scope that increases the focus on environmental and sustainability concerns.
9780860176831, 978-0-86017-683-1, CIRIA C683