API SPEC 5L – Specification for Line Pipe: 2018 [paper]
shipped within 3-5 days
Media format: Book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
API Specification for Line Pipe, 46th Edition
This specification specifies requirements for the manufacture of two product specification levels (PSL 1 and PSL 2) of seamless and welded steel pipes for use in pipeline transportation systems in the petroleum and natural gas industries. This specification is not applicable to cast pipe.
Changes from the previous edition include the following:
- updated and expanded requirements for mill jointers (differentiate between double-jointers and mill jointers; avoid welding consumables environmental contamination; require qualification standards; new process testing requirements; clarify offset and undercut requirements; standardize marking requirements; reference weld repair annex);
- updated requirements for pipe end squareness; updated requirements for hardness testing on PSL 2 pipe for sour service and PSL 2 pipe for offshore service;
- a new annex for strain-based design requirements (PSL 2 pipe for applications requiring longitudinal plastic strain capacity).