Mentoring at Sea: 2012 [paper]
Mentoring at Sea.
shipped within 3-5 days
Media format: Book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
Mentoring at Sea
This publication explains how knowledge gained through experience, and then reflected upon, can be passed on in an informal but purposeful way. Every suggestion will take no more than 10 minutes to carry out but incorporating opportunities for mentoring into the daily onboard routine will widen and consolidate the on-the-job experience of those progressing through the ranks. It will also improve communications and enhance team-building and hopefully lead to a reduction in accidents and incidents.
This practical guide sets the 10 minute challenge for potential mentors and candidates to identify concerns and practical solutions. Examples progress from the simple thought of the Master spending a few minutes with each of his watchkeeping officers daily to second or third officers bringing the vessel to anchor, or picking up a pilot, under the Master’s supervision.