IATA Preloading Advance Cargo Information: 2022 [mobile version]
Standard Procedures for Preloading Advance Cargo Information (PLACI), 4th edition
Media format: E-book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
The IATA publication is made available in an e-Reader solution called Bookshelf.
PLACI provides additional air cargo supply chain security by enabling an initial risk assessment of the cargo being carried prior to the aircraft’s loading at the last point of departure.
IATA’s Pre-Loading Advance Cargo Information Guidelines encapsulates and furthers the international standards set in the World Customs Organization SAFE Framework of Standards through improved procedural harmonization and the inclusion of such additional elements as transmission protocols.
The benefits of IATA’s Pre-Loading Advance Cargo Information Guidelines include:
- Alignment with regulatory requirements, such as US Air Cargo Advance Screening (ACAS), Canada Pre-Load Air Cargo Targeting (PACT), and EU Pre-Departure Information for Cargo Targeting (PREDICT), as well as future other PLACI initiatives worldwide.
- Avoiding non-compliance issues with regulators and supply chain partners that could result in substantial penalties and severe delays in shipment times.
- Having harmonized and standardized PLACI procedures in one user-friendly document.
Relying on IATA’s Pre-Loading Advance Cargo Information Guidelines will assist:
- Airlines by enhancing customer service through improved efficiency and shipment timings as well as by providing a single PLACI reference point for multiple regulatory regimes and supply chain partners.
- Freight Forwarders by providing a means to deal with a multifaceted, multilayered air cargo supply chain in a consistent manner and, also, by clarifying PLACI-related rules and processes.
- Customs Authorities by promoting the mutual recognition of procedures and by facilitating training based on industry-agreed standards.
- Ground Handlers by establishing their responsibilities and obligations with well-documented procedures and by allowing them to better manage their resources based on advance information.
- IT and Security by encouraging the promotion of standards to keep the air cargo supply chain secure and by providing a user-friendly way to assess existing initiatives and plan future upgrades.
Published: November, 2022
Effective Date: Jan 1, 2023 , until Dec 31, 2023
The IATA publication is made available in an e-Reader solution called Bookshelf. Bookshelf Online is accessed through a browser. The publication can also be accessed with the Bookshelf software application, installed on a computer or tablet. When you get your first IATA Digital publication you’ll create a Bookshelf account, and use that account whether using Bookshelf Online or the Bookshelf application.
- Online – Browser-based, no software to install. Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox are all supported.
- Offline – There’s a Bookshelf app for all popular platforms, including iOS.
Features & Benefits
- Can be used in popular browsers
- No software to install
- There’s an app (Bookshelf, from company VitalSource) for all popular platforms
- No internet connection required after downloading your titles
- Searchable text
- Content adjusts to screen size
- Table of contents
- Bookmarks, notes & highlighting
- Resource files (i.e. excel files, forms, power points, PDF extracts) that are down-loadable, printable and fillable
- Intra-document hyperlinks
Schrijf je nu in voor onze nieuwsbrief en blijf op de hoogte van de nieuwste edities en onze speciale aanbiedingen.
8912-02, IATA PLACI, 9789292640224