AASHTO Highway Safety Manual (HSM): 2010
shipped within 3-5 days
Media format: Book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
Highway Safety Manual
Including 2014 Supplement and 2016 Errata
The Highway Safety Manual (HSM) was developed to help measurably reduce the frequency and severity of crashes on American roadways by providing tools for considering safety in the project development process.
The HSM assists practitioners in selecting countermeasures and prioritizing projects, comparing alternatives, and quantifying and predicting the safety performance of roadway elements considered in planning, design, construction, maintenance, and operation.
The three-volume HSM features:
- Synthesis of validated highway research
- Procedures for including safety in project decisions
- Analytical tools for predicting impact on road safety
Part A: Introduction and Fundamentals
Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview
Chapter 2: Human Factors in Road Safety
Chapter 3: Fundamentals
Part B: Safety Management Process
Chapter 4: Network Screening
Chapter 5: Diagnosis
Chapter 6: Selection of Countermeasures
Chapter 7: Economic Appraisal
Chapter 8: Prioritization of Improvements
Chapter 9: Safety Effectiveness Evaluation
Part C: Predictive Methods
Chapter 10: Rural, Two Lane Roads
Chapter 11: Rural, Multilane Highways
Chapter 12: Urban/Suburban Arterial Highways
Part D: Crash Modification Factors
Chapter 13: Roadway Segments
Chapter 14: Intersections
Chapter 15: Interchanges
Chapter 16: Special Facilities and Geometric Situations
Chapter 17: Road Networks
Also available in PDF, contact us for pricing!
9781560514770, 978-1-56051-477-0, AASHTO HSM-1