ASME A18.1: 2017 [paper]
Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
Ships within 3-5 days
Media format: Book
- Same day shipping (all in-stock items, order received before 3:00 p.m.)
- Official reseller of IATA, IMO and ICAO
- ISO 9001 certified, our goal is 100% customer satisfaction
- Unlimited product rage. Need help? Please contact us!
- Experienced customer service for all your questions!
ASME A18.1 – Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
The ASME A18.1 Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts presents certain guides for the design, construction, installation, operation, inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair of inclined stairway chairlifts, and inclined and vertical platform lifts. It covers devices intended for transportation of a mobility-impaired person only-typically for applications within buildings and residences.
The ultimate goal of this Standard is to help protect public safety, while reflecting best-practices of industry. A18.1 offers essential guidance for safety to both public and private sectors:
- For public sectors, it serves as the basis for state, municipal, and other jurisdictional authorities in drafting regulations governing the installation, testing, inspection, maintenance, alteration, and repair of stairway chairlifts and platform lifts.
- For private sectors, A18.1 provides a standard reference of safety requirements for architects, engineers, insurance companies, manufacturers, and contractors, while delivering safety practices for owners and managers of structures where equipment covered in the Scope of this Standard is used.
Search terms: 9780791869420