- ISO 9001 / AS 9120 gecertificeerd voor 100% klanttevredenheid
- Officiele distributeur van o.a. IATA, IMO en ICAO
- Behulpzame klantenservice voor al je vragen!
AWS D17.1/D17.1M: 2017 [paper]
AWS Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications, 2nd Edition
This specification contains requirements for fusion welding and non-destructive examination (NDE) of aerospace flight hardware as well as for the welding and NDE of non-flight hardware. When this specification is stipulated in contract documents, conformance with all provisions of the specification shall be required, except for those provisions specifically exempted or modified by the Engineering Authority or contract documents.
The following is a summary of the specification clauses:
- Clause 1. General Requirements: basic information on the scope and provisions of this specification.
- Clause 2. Normative References: a listing of the documents that are required for the application of this specification.
- Clause 3. Terms and Definitions: a list of technical terms and definitions of particular importance to this specification.
- Clause 4. Design of Welded Connections: requirements and guidance information for the design of welded connections.
- Clause 5. Welding Procedure and Performance Qualification: qualification requirements for welding procedures, welders, welding operators, and tack welders.
- Clause 6. Fabrication: requirements for preparation, assembly, and workmanship when welding aerospace hardware.
- Clause 7. Inspection: criteria for inspector qualification, responsibilities of inspectors, acceptance of production welds, and standard requirements for performing visual inspection and nondestructive examination (NDE).
- Clause 8. Repair of Existing Structures: requirements for repair of existing aerospace flight hardware.
- Clause 9. Nonflight Hardware: requirements for welding nonflight hardware.
Flight Hardware. The purpose of this specification is to provide requirements for commonly used fusion welding processes, materials, and acceptance criteria for production welds. This specification also provides requirements for materials, processes, and acceptance criteria that are not listed in this specification when approved by the Engineering Authority.
Aircraft, Rotorcraft, and Engines Subject to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulation. When applying welding in the design, construction, and repair of aircraft, rotorcraft, or engines subject to FAA regulation, the Engineering Authority must perform the appropriate design analyses and impose process control measures that will ensure compliance with the applicable requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14.
Nonflight Hardware. Nonflight hardware, tooling, ground support equipment, and related nonconventional aerospace facilities shall be designed and welded in accordance with the requirements of Clause 9.
D17.1, 978-0-87171-917-1, 9780871719171