- ISO 9001 / AS 9120 gecertificeerd voor 100% klanttevredenheid
- Officiele distributeur van o.a. IATA, IMO en ICAO
- Behulpzame klantenservice voor al je vragen!
AWS D1.6/D1.6M: 2017 [paper]
AWS D1.6/D1.6M – Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel, 3rd edition
Contains welding requirements for the fabrication, assembly, and erection of welded structures and weldments subject to design stress where at least one of the materials being joined is stainless steel. The code is intended to be used for base metals with a minimum thickness of 1/16 in [1.5 mm] or 16 gage. It shall be used in conjunction with any complementary code or specification for the design or construction of stainless steel structures and weldments. When this code is stipulated in contract documents, conformance with all provisions of the code shall be required, except for those provisions that the Engineer (see 1.5.1) or contract documents specifically modify or exempt.
The following is a summary of the code clauses:
(1) General Requirements. This clause contains basic information on the scope and limitations of the code, key definitions, and the major responsibilities of the parties involved with stainless steel fabrication.
(2) Normative References. This clause contains a list of reference documents that assist the user in implementation of this code or are required for implementation.
(3) Terms and Definitions. This clause contains terms and definitions as they relate to this code.
(4) Design of Welded Connections. This clause contains requirements for the design of welded connections.
(5) Prequalification. This clause contains the requirements for exempting a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) from qualification by testing.
(6) Qualification. This clause contains the requirements for qualification of WPSs and welding personnel (welders and welding operators) by testing, including the tests required and the ranges qualified.
(7) Fabrication. This clause contains welding requirements for fabrication, assembly, and erection of welded stainless steel structures governed by this code, including the requirements for base metals, welding consumables, welding technique, weld details, material preparation and assembly, workmanship, weld repair, and other requirements.
(8) Inspection. This clause contains the requirements for the Inspector’s qualifications and responsibilities, acceptance criteria for discontinuities, and procedures for nondestructive testing (NDT).
(9) Stud Welding. This clause contains the requirements for welding of studs to structures where at least one of the materials being joined is stainless steel.
American Welding Society, AWS, D1.6, D1.6M, 9780871719065